To improve and enhance your experience.
We collect data when you visit our sites or use our services.
We only share with partners that meet security standards.
Personal information is not sold.
The contact information for BPS is:
Bringer Parcel Services
(A division of Bringer Corporation)
8351 NW 21st Street,
Doral, FL, 33122
United States of America
Our websites are for a general audience and not geared toward children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data from children under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Data to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you. If you believe your child may have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove it.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain consumer personal information (such as name, contact details and payment information) in connection with various activities such as (i) use of the BPS websites and applications, (ii) shipping activities, including delivery and pick-up of shipments, (iii) requests to track shipments or answer questions, (iv) events in which we participate, (v) promotions and other offers, and (vi) calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Individual and business contact information (such as name, company name, physical address, email address and telephone or fax number)
- Shipping information (such as (i) shipping-related contact details like the sender's, and consignee's and/or third party’s name, physical address, email address and telephone number, (ii) signature for proof of delivery, (iii) BPS account number, and (iv) information given to us that helps us access locations to which we provide service) and information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content.
- Information that enables us to verify an individual's identity
- Names, email addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom we are asked to send information
- Information provided in response to surveys
- Username, password and other credentials used to access BPS products and services
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as other public locations), and information (such as email address and other information you allow to be shared) we obtain through BPS-related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins
- The geographic location of your mobile device if you use certain features of our apps
- Payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Tax identification number in circumstances in which you request products or services for which this information is required, or in connection with certain promotions or prize draws
- Other personal information that may be provided to us to obtain a BPS product or service
We also receive consumer personal information from our customers in order to perform services. We may receive personal information from third parties, including public databases, social media platforms, or third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers.
When we pick up or deliver a shipment or provide other services, we may obtain physical location data. This includes, for example, data identifying the actual location of a physical address using information such as GPS data, geocodes, latitude and longitude information, and images of the various locations.
In addition, when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with BPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken, and dates and times of activity. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages or apps to web servers and may be used to transmit information back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain and store “clickstream” data to tell us usage patterns. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. We also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites or apps. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites or apps. Both we and others (such as our advertising networks) may collect personal information about our visitors’ online activities, over time and across third-party websites, when using our websites and apps.
We collect session analytics information, including browsing behavior, click patterns, keystrokes, and pages visited, when you visit our websites and applications. This information helps us understand our customers’ online activities, determine usage patterns, provide customer service and support, and improve and impair website functionality. This information is also helpful to our experience teams so they can design better experiences for you.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” button, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain to:
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance and brokerage services, and financial services)
- Process and collect payments
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments
- Send you tracking updates (from BPS and/or our business partners) and help you select convenient delivery options
- Establish and manage your BPS account (including your online account on www.bringerparcel.com and its various features)
- Offer you products and services we believe may interest you
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programmers, surveys, contests, prize draws and other offers or promotions
- Enable you to interact with BPS through social media
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services, websites and apps; ensuring the security of our networks and information systems; performing accounting, auditing, invoicing, reconciliation and collection activities; and improving and maintaining the quality of our customer services)
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer search and analytics, trend analysis and profiling, financial analysis and anonymization of personal information)
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activity, claims and other liabilities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- Establish, exercise and defend legal claims
- Monitor and report compliance issues
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users' visits to our websites and apps, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users' interests and the manner in which our users browse our websites and apps, (iii) improving website functionality and user experience, (iv) debugging, identifying, and repairing errors that impair the intended functionality of our websites, (v) providing customer service and support, and (vi) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your postcode) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our websites and apps, identify users of our websites and apps, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine usage patterns and how we may tailor our websites and apps to better meet the needs of our users. Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from browsers.
Information We Share
Information collected through third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins (such as information obtained through third-party login services or relating to your use of a Facebook "Like" button) is collected directly by the providers of these features. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the features, and BPS is not responsible for those providers' information practices.
Many of our customers outsource all or a part of their supply chains to us. Through our logistics business units, we manage these supply chains, focusing on supply chain optimization, freight forwarding and international trade and brokerage services for our customers worldwide (including a broad range of transportation solutions such as air, ocean and ground freight). We also provide information technology systems and distribution facilities adapted to the unique supply chains of specific industries such as ecommerce and consumer/retail businesses. In the course of providing forwarding and logistics services, we may obtain, use and disclose personal information about our customers' customers. In these circumstances, we process the information based on the agreement with our customer.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Access and Correction
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Although we take steps to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized individuals, information that is located on the outside of a package or letter may be visible to others.
Personal Information We Collect about Consumers
The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, physical address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to access BPS products and services, social media handles, and, when you visit our websites, use our apps or interact with BPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address and unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signature, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Obtain.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from BPS, (2) information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on BPS websites or mobile apps, which may include information about BPS services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with BPS websites and mobile apps, and BPS advertisements that we display on BPS websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with BPS -related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
- Sensitive personal information such as account login information allowing access to an account, and precise geolocation data, in each case as further described above in the relevant categories.
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 18 to businesses or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” of personal information, for cross-context behavioral advertising, or as the “sharing” of personal information as defined under U.S. state comprehensive data privacy laws, without affirmative authorization.
Use of Personal Information about Consumers
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about consumers include:
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of a consumer's personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems and on our websites and apps;
- Short-term, transient use including non-personalized advertising shown as part of a consumer’s current interaction with us;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
BPS does not use sensitive personal information for purposes that would give rise to a right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive personal information for residents of California.
Your Privacy Rights
If you reside in a U.S. state that has enacted a comprehensive consumer data privacy law, you may have one or more of the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, including:
- Whether we are processing personal information about you;
- Specific pieces of information that we have collected about you;
- Categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information
- Categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have sold or shared and the categories of third parties to whom we have sold or shared the information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third party to whom we sold or shared the personal information; and
- Categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed the information for a business purpose.
As used above, “sale,” “sold,” “selling,” “shared,” and “sharing” have the meanings provided in U.S. state comprehensive consumer data privacy laws.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected about you. Please note if you have requested a service that requires the use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide that service if you choose to delete your personal information.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration, the sharing of personal information about you for cross-context behavioral advertising, targeted advertising, and profiling. To opt-out, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or as provided below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.”
If we receive and are able to process a signal from your device indicating your preference to opt out from sales or sharing of personal information, as defined by law, then we will apply that preference to personal information we collect from that device, provided that we may not be able to associate the signal to the same device if:
- you use a different web browser or other tool to interact with us,
- you make changes to your browser (e.g., uninstall and reinstall or certain types of upgrades) that impact our ability to associate the device with the signal your device originally sent, or
- you clear cookies or browsing data from your browser or device in a way that impacts our ability to associate the device with the signal your device originally sent.
Please note that a signal sent from one device will not apply to other devices you use or to data that we collect from you through other sources.
- Right to Appeal. If we decline to take action on a request that you make in accordance with the foregoing to exercise the foregoing privacy rights, then you may appeal our decision by submitting an appeals request by email to email@example.com.
For requests made in connection with the Right to Know, Right to Correct, and/or Right to Delete, please note:
- as required or permitted under applicable law, we may take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, correct or delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with BPS, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information to you or, at your request, to another entity, in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under your U.S. state’s comprehensive consumer data privacy law, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to BPS by your personal information. We may limit our response to your exercise of rights as permitted by law.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling us at 305-592-5427
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us via the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require:
- The authorized agent to provide proof that you provided signed permission to the authorized agent to submit the request
- You to verify your identity directly with us; or
- You to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes (California)
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified below. To make such a request, please tell us your preference by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Web sites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to "do not track" requests from Web browsers.
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law. Our retention policies reflect local statute of limitation periods and national statutory obligations of BPS.
How To Contact Us
You also may write to us at:
Bringer Parcel Services
8351 NW 21st Street,
Doral, FL, 33122
United States of America